Skills Support For Growth
Skills Support For Growth: Funded project which aims to equip people with the skills, knowledge and tools to ensure they have the best chance at finding and maintaining employment
A project funded by the European Social Fund and the Education and Skills Funding Agency.
Skills Support For Growth is led by Manchester Athena, and it is being delivered across the whole of Greater Manchester by the following 4 Athena housing providers, and First Choice Oldham:
Skills Support For Growth transforms lives by giving people the attention, support and skills to overcome the challenges and barriers they face in employment and helping them to take you next step when ready.
By giving you support with growing your confidence, wellbeing, personal development, anxiety, coping and life skills, depression, drug and alcohol worries, homelessness and emotional support to name a few, we can increase your chances of accessing training or finding a job.
The project can help if you:
- Are aged 15-24 years old
- You need personalised support to help you get back on track
- Currently not in education, employment or training
- Are a young Manchester resident
The programme works by giving an individual the attention, support and skill to take their next steps. These might include:
- Receiving a dedicated learning mentor
- Tailored programme to meet your needs
- CV writing help
- Job search and interview tips
- Gaining a qualification (Childcare, Construction, Customer Service, First Aid, Maths, English and Retail ect)
- Work experience
- Support with college applications
- Support growing your confidence
- Support with wellbeing
- Mental health support
- Drugs and alcohol support
- Emotion support
- Homelessness support and guidance
Just to name a few.
The programme will help support people in overcoming multiple needs and barriers to get them closer to training and work.
Contact Skills Support and growth
To find out more about how Skills Support and Growth can help you call us on 0161 240 6124 or email GrowthGM@gcskills-support.uk.
We have centres you can access across Greater Manchester. You can check our locations on our website to find your local centre.